Challenges solved by the ValueBlue solution
The ValueBlue APM solution solves a number of challenges commonly faced when undertaking Application Portfolio Management initiatives, at the strategic, tactical and operational levels. Let's dive in.
Strategic challenges solved
“Our data is incomplete and scattered across multiple sources.”
Clear and complete insight
- A clear and complete overview of applications, capabilities and functions, and the processes which are using them – for improvement plans based on business value, business risk and functional fit.
- Accurate and up-to-date data that enables real-time analysis.
- Ability to assess organizational capabilities based on the current application landscape.
“We have difficulty aligning IT with the rest of the business.”
Easier collaboration both within and outside IT
- A central communication channel that helps IT and the other business functions understand each other.
- Increased alignment between IT and the rest of the business – proactively ensuring the application landscape optimally supports the needs of the business.
“Our application portfolio offers little added business value, and often slows us down.”
A responsive and flexible application landscape
- Improved organizational capabilities, with an application portfolio that facilitates future growth and expansion.
- Application characteristics that allow for flexibility, agility and faster innovation.
Tactical challenges solved
“We have limited insight into potential cost savings on applications.”
Optimization of application cost vs. capability
- The optimization of application costs, ensuring the most effective balance of application costs against capabilities.
- Insight into overlapping functionality to help facilitate rationalization and consolidation.
“We don't know which applications are end-of-life or pose security risks.”
Risk identification and mitigation
- Minimizing risk posed by the application landscape – from a financial, security and regulatory perspective.
- Full insight into real and potential risks, and their effect on business capabilities.
- Ability to identify and mitigate process weaknesses caused by applications.
“We don't have a clear view of our current landscape, so we cannot create effective future plans.”
Complete data for roadmaps & improvement plans
- Ability to generate and visualize proposals for an improved future-state, based on business value, risk, and functional fit.
Operational challenges solved
“It takes too much time to gather and manage the data related to applications.”
Time-saving collaboration capabilities
- Collaboration between IT stakeholders that have a role in managing data related to applications, such as vendor management, license management and service.
- Application data that can be recycled and re-used for transformation planning, project design and impact analysis.
“We're missing a central dashboard or report that gives us one version of the truth.”
A centralized overview for clear reporting and insight
- One central repository and the removal of siloes guarantees accurate and up-to-date application information.